The TEAM LEADER will:
- Motivate staff team members through agreeing goals and objectives and follow up
- Facilitate education & training of staff and attend & plan in service training as required.
- Attend staff team meetings and service user meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure that Community Based Support Staff have sufficient skills and knowledge to carry out their role effectively. Work in a frontline capacity as required.
- Auditing to ensure local adherence to, and practice of, policies and procedures,
- Risk Management processes, quality, safety and audit management systems, health & safety, national standards, legislation etc.
- Ensuring the service user’s personal care plans, health care plans, risk assessments, PEEPS, Positive Behaviour Support Plans are kept up to date, including that all service users are involved in establishing goals and are supported to meet these goals.
- Verifying that service user’s medications are available, appropriately managed including that all relevant documentation and systems are regularly reviewed- following policy and medication guidelines, including self – assessment.
- Oversee and support the induction of new staff to the organisation.
- Support the management of staff and the staff rosters as appropriate.
- Be part of the Management on-call support for staff.
- Facilitate the upkeep of facilities, to include scheduling of general and planned maintenance and domestic cleaning duties as required. Audit as required.
- Liaising directly with family members & other stakeholders in relation to direct service user care & supporting issues, maintaining appropriate records.
- Affirming that the rights of all service users are realized and that service users are always treated with dignity and respect.
- Supporting the integration of staff team members from the local Employment Development Projects into services provided by the organisation.
- Liaising with all external agencies and stakeholders as required.
- The role may evolve to include Person in Charge role (HIQA)
- Relevant RNID/ or other Nursing Qualification
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Supervisory/ Management Experience and qualification
- IT skills
- Full-Clean-Irish Driving Licenc Car owner and willingness to drive.
- Qualified registered nurse
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/ management role & Management qualification
- Level 6 minimum Supervisory Management Qualification
- Have extensive experience supporting people with intellectual disabilities in community settings.
- Experience in managing, rosters, budgets and performance management of staff.